What is Cervical Spondylosis- ‘Neck Arthritis’?
Cervical Spondylosis is a common cause of neck pain problem as people increased age.
Also known as ‘Arthritis of the Neck’, Cervical Spondylitis, degeneration changes such as wear and tear of cartilage and bone, degenerated disc, bone spurs.
Often, cervical spondylosis condition is mixed up with other similar neck conditions:
– Cervical Spondylolysis: defect or crack (stress fracture) of the articulating part of the vertebra, the pars interarticularis. It may narrow the spinal canal in the neck compressing the spinal cord or spinal nerve roots
– Cervical Spondylolisthesis: rare, unusual painful neck where neck vertebrae move forward or backward movement
– Cervical Spinal stenosis: narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck
Causes of Cervical Spondylosis
– Aging, symptoms notice at age 20-50
– Arthritis of other joints, back, knee, shoulder
– Injury History
– Constant sitting for a long period of time, poor posture
– Lifting heavy objects
– Overweight/ Obesity
Signs and Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis
– Neck Pain
– Pinched nerves, radiating to shoulders, arms, hands
– After prolonged activities such as sitting in front of computer, reading
– After inactivity, eg getting up bed from sleep
– Neck stiffness in morning
How do treat Cervical Spondylosis?
In very rare occasion, surgery with orthopaedic doctor (neck specialist surgeon) may be a neccesary option for medical emergency accidents such as fractures, unstable joints.
For other neck pain which are severe, or chronic (have been present for very long time), there are many types of treatment which are conservative (non-invasive, non-surgical) that can help.
– Physiotherapy for Cervical Spondylosis: Your physiotherapist will understand about your neck pain and perform physical examinations. Your neck conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your neck.
– Manual therapy: Passive cervical joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Massage Therapy: soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent neck muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Exercise Therapy: Guided progressive stretching and strengthening neck muscles, postural correction exercises
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our Non-invasive, Fast, Effective Treatment for Neck Pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our therapist adopts our own signature painrelief360™ program with a detailed comprehensive assessment to find your root cause and targeted cost-effective solution for your neck pain. Our therapist works with you closely to achieve fast optimal results and return back to active lifestyle.
Relieve your neck pain with our professional well trained physio & rehab therapist experts today!
Get start on early treatment to get rid of your neck pain now for faster recovery.
ADD YEARS TO LIFE…
Book an appointment now! Phone 62244178 or SMS 9639 0509 or EMAIL US