What is Infra-Patellar Bursitis?
Infra-Patellar Bursitis, also known as ‘clergyman’s knee’, is a common type of knee bursitis, located at the below kneecap.
Causes of Infra-Patellar Bursitis
- Direct blow to front knee
- Chronic friction such as kneeling, praying
- Common sports injuries for wrestling, volleyball where fall and land on knees
Signs and Symptoms of Infra-Patellar Bursitis
- Swelling over bursa below the kneecap
- Limited movement when bend or straightening knee, catching sensation
- Relieved with rest and sitting
- Unable to kneel
- Difficulty walking downstairs
Physiotherapy Treatment for Infra-Patellar Bursitis
At Physioclinic, our physiotherapist’s goal is to help you return to your sports, work or daily activities as soon as possible.
Physiotherapy Treatments may include:
- Pain Relief & Tissue Repair Treatments
- Clinical Massage
- Knee support and brace
- Exercises for flexibility
- Muscle strengthening
- Sports Specific Training
- Lifestyle Modifications