Myofascial pain is common pain problem. Nearly everyone experienced muscle tension pain. If untreated, it persists or worsen to chronic myofascial pain with multiple trigger points
What causes myofascial pain syndrome?
Myofascial pain cause by a muscle injury or from overuse strain on a particular muscle, ligament, or tendon.
This pain often occurs in office workers who perform repetitive tasks involving the muscles of the forearms, upper arms, shoulders and neck, such as typing, data entry or keyboards.
Other causes include:
- Injury or trauma
- Lack of activity or exercise
- General fatigue
- Repetitive motions
- Other Medical conditions
Signs and symptoms of myofascial pain syndrome:
- Deep aching muscle pain with “trigger” or “tender” points
- Radiating pain to head, neck, shoulder, arm
- Tender, pain on pressure on muscle knots
- Pain can be made worse with activity or stress.
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain. Can lead to fibromyalgia, depression, fatigue, and behavioral disturbances
Effective Treatments Solution for Myofascial pain syndrome:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your injury and perform physical examinations. Your conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your myofascial pain syndrome.
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve muscle tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important to prevent strain and sprains. Exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease muscle pain and muscle tightness
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for Myofascial pain syndrome
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the myofascial pain syndrome- PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your myofascial pain: re-educate, re-train your muscles, and give you a renewed life!