What is Trigger Points?
Trigger Points (also known as muscle knots, sore spots) are highly irritating pain and tightness on the muscles.
Trigger points are not the same as muscle spasm (violent contraction of whole muscle), or tender points, while trigger point is only a small part of muscle.
Trigger points are not the same as a strain or tear involves damage to muscle or tendon fibres.
What are likely causes of Trigger Points?
Most of us may develop tight muscle bands in our muscles as we age, but some people have more than others.
Trigger points may develop following an acute muscle strain such as during a car accident, a fall, a sprain or fracture, or excessive or unusual exercise. Or following chronic overuse of the muscles used to maintain posture because of long hours, poor sitting posture, bad working or sleeping habits, or by repetitive work tasks.
Signs and Symptoms of Trigger Points
– Regional persistent pain
– Pressure on ‘knots’ which may feel hard, sensitive
– Limited free range of movement/ inflexibility
– Referred pain to other parts of body
Effective Treatments Solution for Trigger Points:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your injury and perform physical examinations. Your conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your sprain/ strains
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve muscle tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important to prevent strain and sprains. Exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease muscle pain and muscle tightness
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Manual Therapy: Passive joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for Trigger Point
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the Trigger Point – PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your strain/ sprain : re-educate, re-train your muscles, and give you a renewed life!