What is Stiff Neck?
Stiff neck is a very common neck problem. In medical terms, also known as acute torticollis or wry neck.
Neck stiffness refers to tightness on the neck when difficulty turning or moving head.
It could be a sign of secondary problem such as cervical slipped disc, facet joint problem, undiagnosed cervical fracture
What causes stiff neck?
– muscle spasm
– joints become jammed, locked or stuck
– awkward posture in sleep
– vigourous and sudden movement or injury
– prolonged activities such as slouching, poor posture during lifting
– excessive or repetitive neck movement
Common Signs and Symptoms of Stiff Neck?
– pain often one sided, sharp feeling
– unable to turn neck to one side
– pain located in the neck muscles or referred down to shoulder blades or upper back
How do treat Stiff neck pain?
In very rare occasion, surgery with orthopaedic doctor (neck specialist surgeon) may be a neccesary option for medical emergency accidents such as fractures, unstable joints.
For other neck pain which are acute, severe, or chronic (have been present for very long time), there are many types of treatment which are conservative (non-invasive, non-surgical) that can help.
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your neck pain and perform physical examinations. Your neck conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your neck.
– Manual therapy: Passive cervical joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Massage Therapy: soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent neck muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Exercise Therapy: Guided progressive stretching and strengthening neck muscles, postural correction exercises
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our Non-invasive, Fast, Effective Treatment for Stiff Neck Pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our therapist adopts our own signature painrelief360™ program with a detailed comprehensive assessment to find your root cause and targeted cost-effective solution for your neck pain. Our therapist works with you closely to achieve fast optimal results and return back to active lifestyle.
Relieve your neck pain with our professional well trained physio & rehab therapist experts today!
Get start on early treatment to get rid of your neck pain now for faster recovery.