What is Metatarsal fracture?
Metatarsal fracture is the break of the one of five metatarsal bone of the foot.
What are the causes of metatarsal fracture?
- Rolled inward of the ankle
- Landing from the jump ( weight bearing force to the ankle )
- Sudden change of the directions
- Repetative stress to the toes
- Overuse of the muscles
Signs and symptoms of the metatarsal fracture
- Swelling of metatarsal
- Sharp pain of metatarsal
- Tenderness of the affected area
- Bruishing of the metatarsal
Physiotherapy treatment for Metatarsal fracture
Our physiotherapists at Physioclinic provide specialized assessment and treatment for people with Metatarsal fracture
Physiotherapy treatment will initially reduce pain and swelling, range of motion and strength will be restored as quickly as possible through
- Ice therapy
- Pain relief therapy:electrical stimulation and ultarsound
- Taping or use of the protective boot
- Soft tissue massage
- Gentle joint mobilization
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Balance training