A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament. Ligament sprains are soft tissues injuries that happen with twisting, falling, sudden hit activities.
Commonly seen are: ankle sprain, wrist sprain, knee sprain
A strain is a stretched, pulled muscles or torn muscles or tendons. Muscle pulling or twisting actions causes a strain.
Commonly seen are: Hamstring strain, calf strain, back strain, neck strain
Common Signs and Symptoms of Sprains and Strains:
– Joint Stiffness
Causes of Ligament Sprains and Muscle Strains:
– Sports injuries
– Overuse or repetitive activities
Effective Treatments Solution for Sprains & Strains:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your injury and perform physical examinations. Your conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your sprain/ strains
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve muscle tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important to prevent strain and sprains. Exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease muscle pain and muscle tightness
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for Sprain & Strain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the sprain & Strain PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your strain/ sprain : re-educate, re-train your muscles, and give you a renewed life!