SLAP Tear – Superior Labrum Anterior to Posterior
A SLAP tear, an injury occurs at the labrum of the shoulder, it is the ring of cartilage that surrounds the socket of the shoulder joint.
What are the causes of SLAP Tear?
- A shoulder dislocation
- Falling on an outstretched arm
- Forceful pull or movement of the arm
- Repetitive overhead movement
What are the sign & symptoms of SLAP Tear?
- Range of motion decreased
- Experience pain when lifting object, moving arm overhead
- Popping, grinding, clicking or catching sensation in the shoulder
- Weakness and instability in the shoulder
- Decrease in shoulder strength
Effective treatments that can help SLAP shoulder pain
The treatment of SLAP shoulder pain will entirely depends on the cause of shoulder problem and severity of tear. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for SLAP shoulder pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your shoulder pain and perform physical examinations. Your shoulder conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your shoulder
– Manual therapy: Mobilisation or manipulation of joints (Glenohumeral joint, acromioclavicular joint, Sternoclavicular Joint, and Scapulothoracic joint).
– Massage Therapy: soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent shoulder muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific stretching and progressive strengthening shoulder muscles and joints
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for SLAP shoulder pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the SLAP tear shoulder pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the shoulder problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your shoulder pain: relief pain, regain your shoulder movement and give you a renewed, stronger shoulder!