What is Rotator Cuff Repair surgery?
Rotator cuff repair is a surgical procedure to repair the rotator cuff torn tendon in the shoulder.
When is surgery required?
When shoulder pain has not improved after 6-12 months of physiotherapy and resting from sports/strenuous activities. When patient showing weakness and unable to perform everyday activities. Or have a large or a complete rotator cuff tear.
When to Start Physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapy can begin the day after operation
Physiotherapy for Pre surgery- Rotator cuff repair
- Educate shoulder care
- Reduce swelling and pain management
- Post-operative expectations and management
Physiotherapy for Post Rotator Cuff Repair surgery
- Reduce inflammatory and pain management using therapeutic modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ice therapy.
- Soft tissue massage to increase blood circulation and prevent shoulder stiffness
- Range of motion exercises of the shoulder
- Strengthening and stretching exercises of the shoulder and scapular
- Thoracic mobility exercises
- Scapular control and stability and proprioception exercises