Exercise therapy is a proven treatment for many types of condition and complex injuries. Therapeutic exercises involves prescription of corrective movement to treat impairments/dysfunctional mechanics, restore balance in muscular and skeletal function to help people return to their fullest potential lifestyle.
Types of Exercise Therapy
Therapeutic exercises may include:
- Stretching for joint, soft tissues- muscles
- Movement Pattern correction and retraining
- Neuromuscular facilitation and re-education
- Balance, Stability and Coordination Exercises
- Neuromotor development activities training
- Strength, Power, and Endurance exercises
- Aerobic conditioning
- Body Mechanics training
- Relaxation Exercises
What conditions can help with Exercise Therapy?
All of these are combinable into exercise programs that work for many different types of patients, which may include:
- Pain- neck, pain back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, joint pain, muscle tightness
- Post operation / hospitalisation
- Weight loss
- Recovering from sport injuries
- Stroke patients: to ease muscle tone, strengthen muscle, improve balance/gait.
- Deconditioning / muscle weakness in senior elderly.
Our therapists with a special interest in therapeutic exercise rehabilitation can train you safely and may implement a home exercise program after your session to speed up recovery and faster achievement in your goals.