Lymphatic system is the body first line of defense in fighting with pain, inflammation, body infection, detoxifying, and moving metabolic waste and toxin out of the body. When the lymph nodes becomes blocked, fluid builds up and accumulate causing whole lymphatic system to become toxic, making us feel lethargic low energy level and more susceptible to sickness.
By stimulating this system through massage, it works more efficiently, which in turn boosts the immune system, clears blockages, eliminates toxins, transports nutrients to cells and increases the metabolism.
Our lymphatic Therapy is a highly effective with either 2 methods, depending on individual condition:
1) Infra-pneumatic therapy: Using new technology equipment that combines air pressure massage with far infrared heat therapy to stimulate the body and accelerate the drainage of pain substances and toxins from the lymphatic tissue. Repetitive inflation and deflation of the air pressure device allows for accelerating circulation of the blood and secretion of tissue fluids.
2) Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (Also known as manual lymph massage or lymph massage) is a type of slow, gentle massage that helps to drain excessive unwanted fluid to promote a healthy immune system. As lymph massage is a very light pressure massage, unlike deep friction tissue release or traditional spa types, there is minimal risk of injuring tissues when done by our professional therapist.
Lymphatic Drainage is highly recommended for:
– Treatment of venous and lymphedema (tissue swelling, fluid accumulation)
– Poor immune system: prone to sore throat, colds, flu, infection, illness
– Physically inactive
– Chronic fatigue or general tiredness
– Poor circulation
– Cancer, especially breast cancer.
Lymphatic Therapy Benefits:
– Improves circulation
– Improving the appearance of the skin and reducing puffiness caused by water retention problem
– Reduces pain and swelling, edema of legs
– Detox and cleansing
– Speed up recovery after surgery
– Lymphatic Drainage
– Reduces Varicose Veins
– Accelerates weight loss and burns fats
– Relax nervous system
– Greatly improves quality of sleep; Insomnia treatment
– Increase sports recovery and energy level
Difference between Lymphatic Therapy by heal360 therapists and Massage by Massage therapists:
Although most general massage sessions have therapeutic and relaxing objectives, massage therapists do not have sufficient training to be considered as diagnostic practitioners.
At heal360®, our trained therapists with strong physiotherapy background take pride in understanding the underlying problems of your pain. We emphasize a medical approach to health. We help you move better and live better!
Pneumatic compression devices are an effective therapy for restless legs syndrome: a prospective, randomized, double-blinded, sham-controlled trial. Lettieri CJ, Eliasson AH. Chest 2009 Jan; 135(1): 74-80 Epub 2008 Nov 18
Overcoming Barriers in the Management of Lower Extremity Lymphedema Utilizing Advanced Pneumatic Therapy Tina Hammond and Alison H. Golla, The Open Rehabilitation Journal, 2009, 2, 79-85