Physiotherapy play a vital role in rehabilitating (or ‘rehab’), recover from his/her injury, illness or surgery:
Post Orthopedics Surgery
The success of orthopaedic surgery depends on what is done post operatively. Often, if not managed carefully with the help of a physiotherapist, the condition may experience ongoing problems with stiffness, pain, swelling and general lack of confidence to perform daily activities such as sitting, standing, or walking.
In the early stages, physiotherapist will help to reduce pain, decrease swelling, increase joint range of movement and strengthen the muscles around the joint. In the later stages, therapists will retrain on how and when can return to normal activities including work or sport. An exercise programme is designed to guide you back to your pre-operative activity and optimal level.
Common Orthopedics Surgery that needs physiotherapy:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction
- Knee Arthroscopy and Meniscal Repair
- Bankart Repair
- Fractures- Metal Implants fixation
- Low back Intervertebral Disc surgery
- Lumbar Spinal Fusion
- Shoulder Arthroscopy and Debridement
Post Hospitalization Rehabilitation
Many patients discharged from hospital either with weakness, pain, or movement limitations. Often, most will wait until their condition is more manageable before going out of home to seek for outpatient physiotherapy / rehabilitation services. With home-based physical therapy available, it prevents delayed recovery and helps faster return back to function.
Commonly seen cases:
- Prolonged resting in bed
- Falls / Instability
- Reduced performance in Activities of Daily Living (such as eating, dressing, toileting, getting up from bed, transfer to sit on chair)
- Loss of confidence in standing up and walking
- General Weakness/ Deconditioning
At heal360, we can provide rehabilitation therapy programs in our clinic or your home.