Aqua (Water) Therapy or Hydrotherapy is a natural therapy based on the internal and external use of water in treatment and prevention of diseases, rehabilitation and improving ones overall well being.
Physiotherapy and Exercising in the water is fun and enjoyable.
- The buoyancy of the water supports and lessens stress on the joints and encourages freer movement.
- Water also acts as a resistance to help build muscle strength.
- Best form of exercise for obese to burn fat even if you are plagued with knee, ankle, or back pain.
Aqua Therapy / Hydrotherapy programs can be highly challenging and effective for people of all ages and they have multiple healing effects, like:
- Relief of pain and muscle spasm
- Re-education of walking patterns
- Increased joint range
- Increased muscle strength
- Improvement of peripheral circulation
- Balance enhancement
- Support of otherwise completely immobile people
- Recovery from surgery (e.g. joint replacement), or complex trauma
- Movement pattern improvement
- Functional retraining for work
- Alternative medicine for sports injuries
Our aqua therapy/ hydrotherapy is conducted only at patients private pool or condominium.
Our therapist will need to assess patients condition prior to starting aqua therapy.