Regain360™ program focus on rehabilitating (or ‘rehab’) before or after surgery/ operation / hospitalisation to reach independent lifestyle and back to work/sports.
The road to recovery doesn’t have to wait until after surgery. In fact, two aspects of the surgical experience critical to achieving a successful recovery are pre- and post-operative rehabilitation. Pre-rehabilitation allows a faster, greater recovery outcome after surgery.
Common Post Operation / Hospitalisation Conditions:
Post surgical rehabilitation may be required for a variety of common surgeries include:
- Orthopaedic Surgery: bone, joint and muscle repairs, reconstructions and replacements
- Spinal and Neurological Surgery: spinal fusions, discectomy, spinal laminectomy/ decompression, nucleoplasty other spinal procedures
- Abdominal and Thoracic Surgery: surgery for the internal organs including the lungs, heart, liver, gastrointestinal system and other organs
- Obstetric and Gynaecological Surgery: postnatal, hysterectomy, gynaecological repairs and reconstructions and other procedures
- Urological Surgery: bladder and prostate surgery
- Breast Surgery: resections and reconstructions
Common Post Operation / Hospitalisation Consequences:
- Orthopaedic- pain, reduced strength, reduced range of movement, postural problems, swelling, balance and coordination problems
- Cardiac/thoracic- pain, reduced exercise levels, breathing difficulties, reduced mobility, postural problems
- Neurological- weakness, breathing difficulties, reduced mobility, muscle shortening, joint contractures, loss of sensation
- Abdominal- pain, breathing difficulties, continence problems, reduced mobility
- Others- infection, reduced lung function and deep vein thrombosis.
Why Regain360™ program?
Physiotherapy after surgery should begin immediately in hospital as recommended by your surgeon, however it is important that once you have been discharged you continue rehabilitation to achieve the best possible recovery. Benefits include:
- Effective management of your pain
- Improve circulatory and respiratory system
- Strengthening of weak muscles
- Stretching of joints and muscles that may have become stiff
- Improving your posture
- Help you return to activities of daily living and Regain your independence- getting up in bed, stand, walk, bath, climb stairs, back to sports
- Reduce any anxiety that you may have and regain your confidence
Generally speaking post-operative rehabilitation occurs in three phases. The early recovery phase, the strength and range of motion phase and lastly the functional restoration phase.
Regain360™ program can continue to support your rehabilitation following your discharge from hospital.