Normally, we do not consciously think and look at our own posture. People tend to adopt bad posture habits and bad posture affects a person in many ways and cause unwanted musculature issues. Poor prolonged posture will also result in weakening of postural muscles making it increasingly difficult to attain better posture.
How bad posture affect your body?
- Decrease efficacy of muscular system as more muscles are under tension and some tissues absorb abnormal load.
- Increased fatigue due to increase of muscle activity which decrease circulation and accumulation of metabolites leads to pain.
- Chronic neck, shoulder and back pain as it puts strain on the body.
- Misalignment in the body, can affect muscles and bones negatively, changing the way you move and even limit your range of motion.
Importance of correct posture:
Good posture helps us stand, walk, sit, and lie in positions that place the least strain on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement and weight-bearing activities.
- Helps us keep bones and joints in correct alignment so that our muscles are used correctly, decreasing the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in degenerative arthritis and joint pain.
- Reduces the stress on the ligaments holding the spinal joints together, minimizing the likelihood of injury.
- Allows muscles to work more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy and, therefore, preventing muscle fatigue.
- Helps prevent muscle strain, overuse disorders, and even back and muscular pain.
How to Improve Posture?
Just knowing how to correct your posture is not enough to achieve a change in your actual habit. Our body uses learnt motor patterns to perform everyday activities. When we sit, stand, walk or move – our body follows previously learnt motor patterns. If your body has learned to slouch – that’s what it will do.
Our Perfect Posture Program will re-educate, re-train your muscles and give you a new confidence look!
Goals of Perfect Posture Program
- Correction of bad posture
- Managing postural problems
- Improvements in pain and functional capacity
- Increase energy level and reduce fatigue
- Improve muscle flexibility and core strengthening
- Treating and prevention of Posture-related neck and back pain
Come join our Perfect Posture Program!
Suitable for all ages
This Perfect Posture program is designed for anyone who is interested in making positive change to their posture and managing posture related issues whether at work, study or home. It can help you improve your spine alignment and movement in daily function.
The purpose of the program is to identify positive and negative areas of your posture and aid you in changing life-long habits
Perfect Posture program components
- Postural Assessment: Joint Assessment, Muscle length, strength and muscle control testing
- Postural Stretch
- Postural Strengthening
- Education of postural awareness on ergonomic, workstation and correct positioning of daily activitie