The Axillary nerve injury is the loss of movement or lack of sensation in the shoulder area by either a compressive force or traction injury.
What are the Causes of axillary nerve injury?
- Excessive stretching
- A fracture of upper end of humerus
- Shoulder dislocation
- Trauma at elbow joint
- Pressure in the axilla
What are the Sign and Symptoms of Axillary nerve injury?
- Numbness at the upper arm near to the deltoid muscle
- Weakness at shoulder and arm
- Burning or tingling sensation in the upper arm or shoulder occasionally
- Shrinking of the deltoid muscle
- Feeling of instability
Effective treatments that can help Axillary nerve injury
The treatment of axillary nerve injury will entirely depends on the cause of shoulder problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for shoulder pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your shoulder pain and perform physical examinations. Your shoulder conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your shoulder
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of joints (Glenohumeral joint, acromioclavicular joint, Sternoclavicular Joint, and Scapulothoracic joint).
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent shoulder muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening shoulder, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for Axillary Nerve Injury
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the shoulder pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the shoulder problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your shoulder pain: relief pain, regain your shoulder movement and give you a renewed, stronger shoulder!