Shoulder blade, medical term scapula, is the triangular shaped bone on your upper back, connects with arm bone and collarbone.
Causes for Shoulder Blade Pain
Shoulder blade pain, could be either left or right, or both. Scapular pain is the most common cause of pain for office workers work in front of computers and sitting for long hours in same position or bad posture.
- Injury, severe blow, during sports activities
- Inappropriate sleeping posture
- Muscle strain on carrying/pushing/pulling heavy things
- Muscle tightness or upper back (thoracic) joint stiffness
- Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis (leading to pain and inflammation in bones of various parts of the body)
- Can be a symptom of heart attack
Signs and Symptoms of Shoulder Blade Pain
- Pain and inflammation
- Limited shoulder range of movement, muscle tightness or neck /upper back stiffness
- Winging scapula or deformity
- Discomfort, aching, soreness
- Radiating Headache
- Tight on deep breathing
- Trigger points
Effective treatments that can help shoulder blade pain
The treatment of shoulder pain will entirely depends on the cause of shoulder problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for shoulder pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your shoulder pain and perform physical examinations. Your shoulder conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your shoulder
– Manual therapy: Mobilisation or manipulation of joints (Glenohumeral joint, acromioclavicular joint, Sternoclavicular Joint, and Scapulothoracic joint).
– Massage Therapy: soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent shoulder muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific stretching and progressive strengthening shoulder muscles and joints
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for shoulder pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the shoulder pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the shoulder problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your shoulder pain: relief pain, regain your shoulder movement and give you a renewed, stronger shoulder!
Get treated for your shoulder blade pain by our therapist, Call 62244178 or SMS 9639 0509 or EMAIL US