Rheumatoid arthritis, or RA, is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects the joints and surrounding tissues. Rheumatoid arthritis is more common in women than in men, affecting people of any ages.
Causes of Rheumatoid arthritis
The exact cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown. This is an auto immune disease which basically means that body’s immune system atttacks against own body.
Signs and Symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is a progressive arthritis that has the potential to cause joint destruction and functional disability in years to come.
– Pain and Inflammation on joints
– Stiffness: morning stiffness
– Red and warm
– Joints may be affected: hands, knees, wrists, neck, shoulders, elbows, jaw
– Usually affect same joints on both sides of the body
– Joint deformity
– Muscle aches
– Loss of appetite to weight loss
Effective Treatments Solution for Rheumatoid Arthritis:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, joint & tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Physiotherapist will educate you on the benefits of exercise and advice on how to further prevent joint damage. It is very important to balance rest and activity and tailor your exercise program accordingly, to avoid excessive stress on your joints.
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve muscle tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important to prevent joint injury. Exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease muscle pain and muscle tightness to reduce joint pressure
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction,
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment, joint stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for Rheumatoid Arthritis
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for Rheumatoid Arthritis- PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your arthritis : re-educate, strengthen your muscles to reduce joint stress, and give you a renewed life!