Elbow pain is a common complain and there are many causes to elbow problems. Elbow pain can limit an individual performing simple daily activities, work or sports.
Causes of Elbow Pain:
– Injury or fall
– Incorrect sports techniques
Common Conditions of Elbow Pain:
– Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
– Fractures/ Dislocations
– Elbow Muscles Strain /tear (triceps brachii, anconeus, brachialis, biceps brachii, brachioradialis)
-Elbow Ligament Sprain /tear (ulnar-collateral ligament/ medial collateral ligament, which runs along the inside of the elbow, and lateral collateral ligament/ radial collateral ligament, which runs along the outside of the elbow.)
When do you need to seek treatment for Elbow Pain?
– Inability to bend or straighten elbow
– Elbow pain at rest or morning/night
– Inability to carry or lift things
– Weakness of elbow muscles
– Pain in Elbow unresolved for few days
– Signs of inflammation
Effective treatments that can help elbow pain
The treatment of elbow pain will entirely depends on the cause of elbow problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for elbow pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your elbow pain and perform physical examinations. Your elbow conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your elbow
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of elbow joints (humeroradial joint, proximal radioulnar joint)
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release on elbow muscles (triceps brachii, anconeus, brachialis, biceps brachii, brachioradialis)
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent elbow muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for elbow tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening elbow, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for Elbow pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the elbow pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the elbow problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your elbow pain: relief pain, regain your elbow movement and give you a renewed, stronger elbow!