Myofascial pain is common pain problem. Nearly everyone experienced muscle tension pain. If untreated, it persists or worsen to chronic myofascial pain with multiple trigger points
What causes myofascial pain syndrome?
Myofascial pain cause by a muscle injury or from overuse strain on a particular muscle, ligament, or tendon.
This pain often occurs in office workers who perform repetitive tasks involving the muscles of the forearms, upper arms, shoulders and neck, such as typing, data entry or keyboards.
Other causes include:
- Injury or trauma
- Lack of activity or exercise
- General fatigue
- Repetitive motions
- Other Medical conditions
Signs and symptoms of myofascial pain syndrome:
- Deep aching muscle pain with “trigger” or “tender” points
- Radiating pain to head, neck, shoulder, arm
- Tender, pain on pressure on muscle knots
- Pain can be made worse with activity or stress.
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain. Can lead to fibromyalgia, depression, fatigue, and behavioral disturbances
Physiotherapy Treatments for Myofascial Pain
Our therapist at heal360 Physioclinic will assess and examine your pain condition and implement treatments that can help best in your recovery as soon as possible.
Physical therapy methods are the best treatments for myofascial pain syndrome, which may include
- Pain Relief/ Tissue Healing: Ultrasound, TENS, electrical stimulation
- Massage: trigger point therapy, myofascial release
- Joint Mobilisation/ manipulation
- Postural Pain: education and training
- Therapeutic Exercises: stretching and strengthening
- Stress Management
- Lifestyle modification