Groin pain (area between inner thigh) is a common pain indicating hip joint problem, muscle pull, strain or tear.
Pain in the groin is difficult to treat and long lasting.
Causes of Groin Pain
– sports injuries, common sports are running, jumping, swimming, soccer, gymnast, karate, dancing
– pulled muscle: hip adductor strain, hip flexors (sudden contraction of muscles due to change in direction, speed)
– hip arthritis/ bursitis
– fracture of hip, stress fractures
– ligament sprain
– referred pain from back: sciatica, pinched nerve
– cancer or vascular disease
Sign & Symptoms of Groin Pain
– Pain & Inflammation
– Sharp pull sensation in inner thigh
– Muscle spasm, weakness
– Difficulty walking or running
Effective treatments that can help Groin pain
The treatment of hip pain will entirely depends on the cause of hip problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for hip pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your hip pain and perform physical examinations. Your hip conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your hip
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of hip joints
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release on hip surrounding muscles
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent hip muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs, hip labrum tear
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening hip, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for Groin hip pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the hip pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the hip problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your hip pain: relief pain, regain your hip movement and give you a renewed, stronger hip!