What is Shin Splints?
Shin Splints (medial tibial stress syndrome) is pain or tenderness along front of the lower leg (shin bone- tibia).
What causes Shin Splints?
Most common cause is overuse activity leads to inflammation of the muscles, tendons, bone tissues and periosteum (thin layer of tissue covering a bone) of the tibia, causing pain.
– Flatfeet or low rigid arch
– Poor biomechanics
– Tight muscles
– Running/ Jogging/ Marching
– Sudden increase in training intensity, frequency
Effective treatments that can help Shin pain
The treatment of shin knee pain will entirely depends on the cause of knee/ankle problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for shin pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your shin pain and perform physical examinations. Your knee conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your knee
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of knee joints, patella joint
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release on knee surrounding muscles (tibialis anterior)
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues or meniscus
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent knee muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening hip/ knee, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for shin pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the knee pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the knee problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your knee pain: relief pain, regain your knee movement and give you a renewed, stronger knee!
To treat your knee Pain, please call our therapist at 62244178 or 9639 0509 or EMAIL US