Neck ache, pain or stiffness, is a extremely common and for some it is an everyday experience. This is the reason why some people often visit a doctor, specialist, physiotherapist, chiropractor, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture, osteopath, massage therapist to treat and cure neck pain.
What are symptoms of neck problem?
Symptoms from neck problems vary. They depend on your condition and which neck structures are affected. Some of the more common symptoms of neck problems are:
- Neck aches, pain, stiffness, dull, sore, stabbing
- Referred pain from jaw (TMJ dysfunction)
- Pain spreading into the upper back or down the arm
- Neck stiffness and reduced range of motion
- Muscle weakness in the shoulder, arm, or hand
- Sensory changes (numbness, prickling, or tingling) in the forearm, hand, or fingers
- Degenerative disc / slipped disc
Why do people get neck pain?
Neck pain typically doesn’t start from a single injury. Neck problem usually develops over time from the stress and strain of daily activities.
While there are sometimes dangerous reasons such as emergency accident, an infection, tumors, and fractures, most causes are mechanical neck pain:
– sitting long hours / deskbound job/ computer work
– poor posture eg sleeping, working, driving
– repetitive lifting/ carry heavy things
– Aging, wear and tear
– Athletic sports activities/ injuries
Many of the symptoms felt can be prevented, decreased, or even eliminated through proper stretching, strengthening, and alignment of neck.
Doctors are not always able to pinpoint the source of a neck pain. Your doctor will make every effort to ensure that your symptoms are not from a serious medical cause, such as cancer or a spinal infection. Most doctors will prescribe painkillers to stop pain, refer you for Xray/ MRI scan or refer you to a physiotherapist before advise for surgery.
Common Neck Pain Conditions:
– Wry Neck
How do treat neck pain?
In very rare occasion, surgery with orthopaedic doctor (neck specialist surgeon) may be a neccesary option for medical emergency accidents such as fractures, unstable joints.
For other neck pain which are acute, severe, or chronic (have been present for very long time), there are many types of treatment which are conservative (non-invasive, non-surgical) that can help.
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your neck pain and perform physical examinations. Your neck conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your neck.
– Manual therapy: Passive cervical joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Massage Therapy: Using hands on techniques to loosen tight neck muscles such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent neck muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Exercise Therapy: Guided progressive stretching and strengthening neck muscles, postural correction exercises
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our Non-invasive, Fast, Effective Treatment for Neck Pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our therapist adopts our own signature painrelief360™ program with a detailed comprehensive assessment to find your root cause and targeted cost-effective solution for your neck pain. Our therapist works with you closely to achieve fast optimal results and return back to active lifestyle.
Relieve your neck pain with our professional well trained physio & rehab therapist experts today!
Get start on early treatment to get rid of your neck pain now for faster recovery.
ADD YEARS TO LIFE…
Book an appointment now! Phone 62244178 or SMS 9639 0509 or EMAIL US
Disclaimer: The content on this page is provided for general information purposes only and is not meant to replace a physiotherapy or medical consultation.