Wrist/ finger pain is any pain, discomfort or numbness around the wrist/ fingers. It is a very common complaint which can happen in anyone, whether sedentary or active.
Certain factors can increase your risk of having wrist/ finger pain: sports participation, age, pregnancy, repetitive work.
What are the causes for Wrist / Finger Pain?
– Sudden impact injuries results in sprain or fractures
– Repetitive motion and overuse such as typing, using a mouse, playing racket games, writing, carrying baby
– Gripping hard on objects
Other causes of wrist/ finger pain:
– Arthritis: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis
– Ganglion Cysts
When do seek treatment for wrist / finger pain?
– Inability to lift object or use the arm
– Wrist / finger pain that occurs at night or at rest
– Wrist/ finger pain that persists beyond a few days
– Unable to straighten or bend the wrist / finger
– If wrist / finger pain and swelling last longer than a few days or become worse.
Delays in diagnosis and treatment can lead to poor healing, reduced range of motion and long-term disability.
Effective treatments that can cure wrist/ finger pain
The treatment of wrist/finger pain will entirely depends on the cause of problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for wrist/finger pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your wrist/finger pain and perform physical examinations. Your pain condition will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your wrist/finger
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of wrist/finger joints (distal radiocarpal joint, metacarpophalangeal joint MCP, proximal interphalangeal joint PIP, distal interphalangeal joint DIP )
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release on hands muscles
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent wrist muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening wrist, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications
Our unique treatment approach for Wrist/ Finger pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the wrist/finger pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the wrist/finger problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your wrist/ finger pain: relief pain, regain your wrist /finger movement and give you a renewed, stronger upper body!
Read about patients’ success stories..Click here
To treat your Wrist/ Finger, please call our therapist at 62244178 or 9639 0509 or EMAIL US