Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common, painful progressive disorder that affects the wrist, hand, and fingers.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs as a result of compression pressure on median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand.
What causes Carpal tunnel Syndrome?
- Overuse or repetitive injuries eg. Extensive typing, hairdressing
- Injury or inflammation to the wrist
- trauma to the wrist causing swelling (sprain or fracture)
- mechanical problems in the wrist
- repeated use of vibrating hand tools
- fluid retention during pregnancy or menopause
- presence of cyst or tumor in the carpal tunnel
What are the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- burning, tingling or numbness on the palm side of the hand and fingers
- radiating pain into the forearm
- difficulty of grasping small objects or weakened grip
- muscle wasting at the base of the thumb if chronic or long-term
Effective treatments that can cure wrist/ finger pain
The treatment of wrist/finger pain will entirely depends on the cause of problem. All conditions are different, and treatments may differ from each individual.
Treatment for wrist/finger pain may consists of:
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your wrist/finger pain and perform physical examinations. Your pain condition will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your wrist/finger
– Manual therapy: Active and Passive Mobilisation or manipulation of wrist/finger joints (distal radiocarpal joint, metacarpophalangeal joint MCP, proximal interphalangeal joint PIP, distal interphalangeal joint DIP )
– Massage Therapy: Hands on techniques such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release on hands muscles
– Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relief treatment modalities such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to heal and repair injured, inflammed, torn tissues
– Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent wrist muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing. Proven treatment for tendonitis, calcification/ bone spurs
– Exercise Therapy: Guided 1-1 specific joint movement therapy, muscle stretching, progressive strengthening wrist, conditioning back to sports, functional training
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, restricting hands use
Our unique treatment approach for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the carpal tunnel wrist pain –PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the wrist/finger problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your wrist/ finger pain: relief pain, regain your wrist /finger movement and give you a renewed, stronger upper body!
To treat your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, please call our therapist at 62244178 or 9639 0509 or EMAIL US