Arthritis means joint inflammation or joint damage. Arthritis can affect any age, but is commonly seen in adults over 50 years old.
There are many different forms of arthritis, most commonly seen are: osteoarthritis (Degenerative Joint Disease), rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis. septic arthritis, and related autoimmune diseases.
What are the common symptoms of Arthritis ?
- Joint Pain and swelling
- Morning Stiffness
- Muscles aches and stiffness
- Crepitus or ‘bone rubbing’ sound
- Worse after inactivity or keeping joints in a fixed position
- Limited movement
- Decreased functional level with activities such as walking, climb stairs
What causes Arthritis?
The exact causes of most types of arthritis are unknown. Here are some factors that may increase your risk of arthritis:
- Obesity or Overweight
- Joint injury or Overuse caused by physical force or sports
- Joint Alignment, prolonged poor posture
- Muscle Weakness
What is the Treatment for Arthritis?
There is no cure for either arthritis. Treatment options vary depending on the type of arthritis and include physiotherapy, lifestyle changes (including exercise and weight control management), orthopedic bracing, medications. Joint replacement surgery may be required in worsened arthritis. Medications can help reduce inflammation in the joint which decreases pain. By decreasing inflammation, the joint damage maybe slowed. Most doctors refer their patients to physiotherapy and rehabilitation to manage arthritis.
Effective Treatments Solution for Arthritis:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, joint & tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Physiotherapist will educate you on the benefits of exercise and advice on how to further prevent joint damage. It is very important to balance rest and activity and tailor your exercise program accordingly, to avoid excessive stress on your joints.
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve muscle tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important to prevent joint injury. Exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease muscle pain and muscle tightness to reduce joint pressure
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction,
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment, joint stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for Arthritis
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for Arthritis- PainRelief360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your arthritis : re-educate, re-train your muscles, reduce joint stress, and give you a renewed life!