Lumbago is the acute or chronic pain in the lower part of the back.
What are the causes of Lumbago?
- Muscle strain, spasm or osteoarthritis
- Herniated disk
- Spinal stenosis
- Compression fracture
- Overloading the spinal cord
- Incorrect position when lifting
- Poor posture
- Poor sleeping position
What are the sign & symptoms of Lumbago Back Pain?
- Pain at the lower part of the back, which may radiates to the buttocks, back of the thighs or to the groin.
- Stabbing or shooting sensation
- Limited of movement of the spine
- Tingling or numbness experienced in back, leg or buttock passing down to the foot result in sciatica.
- Stiffness at the back caused by spasm of muscles surrounding the spine.
- Change in posture or limp as the pain and spasm caused the back tilting to one side.
Effective Treatments Solution for Lumbago Back Pain:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your back pain and perform physical examinations. Your back conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your back.
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve back pain, proper stretching to loosen back muscles tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important for chronic back pain to rehabilitate, strengthen deep abdominal, back and core muscles, exercises to improve dynamic spinal stability. All exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease back pain and muscle tightness
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent back muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the thoracic and lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive thoracic/ lumbar joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for back pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the spine –Spine360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your back pain: re-educate, re-train your spinal muscles, and give you a renewed, stronger spine and confident look!