More than 80% people will experiences back pain at some point in their life. Back pain usually originates from muscles, nerves, joints, discs, bones or ligaments.
Back pain can be classified as either:
- Acute – Sudden pain that lasts for short term, usually a few days to a few weeks.
- Chronic – Pain that lasts for more than three month, or pain that recurs.
What are Symptoms of Back pain problems?
- Pain may be limited to the back itself, or it may spread to the groin, buttock, leg or foot on one or both sides.
- Pins and needles, numbness or burning sensations in one or both legs or feet
Is Back Pain Serious?
Back pain can be a sign of serious medical condition although this is rare underlying causes:
- Typical warning signs of a potentially life-threatening problem are bowel or bladder incontinence or progressive weakness in the legs.
- Severe back pain that occurs with other signs of severe illness (e.g. fever, unexplained weight loss, interrupted sleep) may also indicate a serious underlying medical condition.
- Back pain that occurs after a trauma, such as a car accident or fall may indicate a bone fracture or other injury.
- Back pain with medical conditions that put them at high risk for a spinal fracture, such as osteoporosis or multiple myeloma
- Back pain with a history of cancer (especially cancers spread to the spine like breast, lung and prostate cancer)
What causes Back Pain?
Back pain is primarily caused by poor posture and bad habits. More than 70% of back ailments start during routine functional activities. Among the main causes of back pain are: postural stress, muscular strains, ligament sprains, and disc pathology, wear and tear of lumbar spine, degenerative arthritis, or severe whiplash. Frequently, active population sustains an injury at work or at home, when one of the lumbar discs are affected (prolapsed, bulging, or even herniation or rupture), as a result of a major mechanical stress associated with prolonged, sitting, lifting or twisting.
Common back conditions:
Effective Treatments Solution for Back Pain:
–Pain Relief Therapy: Using pain relieving treatment modalites such as Ultrasound , electrical stimulation, TENS, laser, heat therapy to reduce pain, tissue repair and healing
– Physiotherapy: Your physiotherapist will understand about your back pain and perform physical examinations. Your back conditions will be diagnose and explain before implementing solutions to your back.
– Medical Exercise Therapy: Specific targeted exercises to relieve back pain, proper stretching to loosen back muscles tightness, correct muscle imbalance. Long term progressive exercises are important for chronic back pain to rehabilitate, strengthen deep abdominal, back and core muscles, exercises to improve dynamic spinal stability. All exercises are guided by therapist to correct possible incorrect compensatory movement and ensure proper posture alignment, technique and muscle activation.
– Stretch Therapy: Using a variety of different active or passive stretching methods to improve muscle length, reduce muscle tension
– Massage Therapy: Hands-on technique such as soft tissue release, deep friction massage, myofascial release, trigger points release to ease back pain and muscle tightness
–Shockwave Therapy: Advanced high energy pulses effective for chronic, persistent back muscle tightness, trigger points to stimulate healing
– Spinal Decompression Therapy: Using computerized system creates an anti-gravity, negative pressure to the thoracic and lumbar spine on the spinal disc, joints, nerves and muscles.
– Manual Therapy: Passive thoracic/ lumbar joint mobilisation, manipulation, manual traction, craniosacral therapy
– Education: Advice to improve posture, lifestyle modifications, ergonomics workstation adjustment. stress reductions
Our unique treatment approach for back pain
At heal360 Physioclinic, our physiotherapist and rehabilitation therapist experts has developed a proprietary signature program for the spine –Spine360™ Program
Our therapist will perform a thorough assessment and determine the potential cause of the problem, and will develop a management and best treatment program for your back pain: re-educate, re-train your spinal muscles, and give you a renewed, stronger spine and confident look!
Live in a body that you love!
Quote Spine360™ during appointment booking – Phone 62244178 or SMS 9639 0509 or EMAIL US now!
Read about some of our success stories for back pain – Click Here
Disclaimer: The content on this page is provided for general information purposes only and is not meant to replace a physiotherapy or medical consultation.